Michigan Concealed Carry Class
Saturday, November 18, 2023
975 N. Main, Nashville, MI 49073
Be prepared! Get certified!
Limited spots available!
More and more people are deciding to carry concealed weapons to protect themselves and their families. Learn how to protect and defend the ones you love from an instructor with over 20 years of teaching experience and a lifetime of training for this important role in society.
This one-day class satisfies all training requirements as outlined in Michigan Public Act 719 for first time CPL applicants or renewal of an existing concealed pistol license. Based on the USCCA concealed carry course, this class includes a minimum of 3 hours range time. This USCCA class meets all training requirements for a Michigan Concealed Pistol License. A certificate is awarded upon completion of the class. The following topics are covered in the class:
- Safe storage and handling of a pistol with emphasis on child safety.
- Ammunition knowledge and fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- Pistol shooting positions.
- Firearms and the law including civil liabilities and the use of deadly force.
- Avoiding criminal attack and controlling a violent confrontation.
- All laws that apply to carrying a concealed pistol in Michigan.
- Other topics such as the history of CCW, reciprocity and methods of carry.
Students must be at least 18 years of age to take the class, and must not have a history of violent crime, mental illness or any current drug and alcohol-related issues. Attendees are welcome to bring their own lunch, snack or non-alcoholic beverage. Otherwise, lunch will not be provided.
Certificates will be awarded at the end of the day. Class ends at 5pm.
Students will need to bring:
- 50 rounds of ammo (leave ammo and gun in car until range time at Barry County Conservation Club, please have weather appropriate clothing for outdoor range time)
- Eye and ear protection
- Pistol rental and ammo is available for $30 day of class through instructor
CPL instructor Skip Coryell works full time as a professional writer, and is the author of 19 books. He is an avid hunter and sportsman who loves the outdoors. Skip is also a Marine Corps veteran and a graduate of Cornerstone University. He is a Certified USCCA Pistol Instructor and teaches concealed carry classes in Michigan. He also teaches Advanced Concealed Carry Classes for the more seasoned shooter. Skip is the President of White Feather Press and the Owner of Midwest Tactical Training. Skip is the founder of the Second Amendment Marchand is co-host of the number-one military talk-radio show in the country, "Frontlines of Freedom", as well as the creator and host of “The Home Defense Show.”